Friday, March 17, 2006

The Lord Provides!

Right before I gradutated from Northland in 2002, I began looking for a car to buy. I didn't come from a home where you were automatically given a car when you turned 16. No, rather, I had to purchase my own car. Because I worked my way through college, and all of my hard earned money went toward school bills, I was not able to purchase a car until I was 22. At that time I purchased a 1995 Lumina for $1,000. Granted it had 187,000 miles on it, but it was cheap! I still drive that car - it now has 245,000 miles on it, but I have had to put no money into it over the last four years.
This week, we purchased another car - a 1993 Saturn, again for $1,000. This time it only has 98,000 miles! It also is in great condition. What a blessing! My father-in-law says that you should be able to get 20,000 miles out of a car for every $1,000 you spend. For us, this rules out purchasing a brand new car. We certainly have been able to find good deals and make our dollar stretch, I am so thankful! I can't imagine having a car payment every month - the Lord is so good!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you have gotten some amazing deals! We are hoping to get several more years out of our little jetta. It was a good deal for a vw but nowhere near 1,000 bucks!