Monday, April 16, 2007

We made it home

We're back - but not too excited about it. We had a GREAT time and were royally spoiled by my sister's in-laws. Our car got us safely to and from Kissimmee, praise the Lord!
I was hoping to leave Good Friday morning at 6:00 a.m. - Ben wanted to leave at 8:30 or so. He came home from work Thursday night and said, "You want to go now?" I of course said, "yes!" We hadn't even packed yet so we thew some clothes in a suitcase and hit the road around 10:00 p.m. We met up with my sister and her family in Atlanta around 2:30 in the morning and had the pleasure of caravaning all the way to Florida.
The first few days were not as warm as I would like. We went to a petting farm and Gator land since it wasn't quite hot enough to swim. By Tuesday we were at the pool and Wednesday through Saturday was HOT!
Ben and my brother-in-law Jeff spent a lot of time on the golf course and my sister and I spent most of our days at the pool. The resort was beautiful and we had so much fun. Ben and I love spending time with Jeff and Kim. It's so wonderful to have your family be your closest friends.
We got home early Sunday evening and today we were back at work. Thankfully I only have six weeks left until my school year is over! I feel like a senior ready to be done.
I miss my nephews and niece so much - they kept us laughing the entire time.
I put together a few slideshows of our vacation. Unfortunately Kim's camera died the first day we got there and mine didn't have many of the pictures I recall taking. But, we'll take what we can get. Scroll down to see the pictures.

7 comments:

Chris said...

Kelly,
I love the pictures and the notes on each one, very cool. I'm glad that you guys had such a great time!! I look forward to talking to you soon.

Kara said...

I have been checking ALL NIGHT to see if you would bless us with a posting! You are positively glowing- I didn't miss the make-up at all :)

Shannon Smith said...

Looks like you guys had a great vacation! Thanks for sharing all the pictures!

Unknown said...

Yay! Praise the Lord for safe travel to and from Florida. I bet it's rough to get back to normal life!

Kelly Glupker said...

Kara,
Thanks for being such a faithful reader. :)

christina said...

great pics! looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

Loved seeing your pictures, but am disappointed that "da' Belly in a bathing suit" didn't make the cut! You should've worn it proud!!!

Talk to you soon---

Sarah

P.S.--Pregnancy looks good on you. Glad you're still feeling well. Only 4 more months until I'm an Aunt----Yeah!!!!