Friday, November 09, 2007

My Own Game of Tag

With working part time and taking care of a baby, life has become pretty busy. So I recently began creating a dinner menu. I made a table in Word and fill in the meals two weeks at a time. It's great because I then know exactly what to buy when I go to the grocery store, exactly what to take out of the freezer each day, and exactly how much time I need to make dinner. It has really helped me be more organized. This is what last week's menu looked like:
Saturday - Roast with mashed potatoes and gravy and mixed vegetables
Sunday - Oriental Chicken and rice
Monday - White Chicken Chili
Tuesday - Meatloaf and cheesy potatoes
Wednesday - Taco Salad
Thursday - Chicken Stir Fry
Friday - Meatballs and gravy

I'm really looking forward to next week because I am making homemade chicken noodle soup on one day and Nicki's Stromboli on another day.
Well, yesterday I was reading Christina's blog and noticed that she is now making a menu too! So I had an idea. I'll start my own game of tag. I'll tag five people and each of them can post their family's favorite recipe on their blog. Then they can tag five people, etc. I am always looking for a new recipe to try and since I check every one's blog anyway, what better, faster, easier way to get new recipes?
So here is one of our family favorites. It is a recipe I got from Nancy Lunney several years ago. We like it so much that I have never made regular lasagna before because it just doesn't compare!
Chicken Lasagna
Ingredients:
4 cups cooked chicken
10 lasagna noodles
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Cream mixture: 1 can cream of chicken, 1 can cream of mushroom, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup miracle whip, dash of garlic powder

Grease 9x13 pan. Evenly layer 5 cooked lasagna noodles on the bottom. Spread 2 cups of chicken pieces over noodles. Spread half of the creamy mixture on top. Sprinkle 2 cups of cheese. Repeat all layers. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. (We like our cheese a little brown).

I tag the following five people: Alicia, Jen LaBo, Shyla, Jenny Muth, and Katie.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea!!!!
I will get back to you I am just about to leave work. I will post something soon!

Jenny said...

That would be a great "use up the Thanksgiving turkey" recipe! I'll post a recipe of my own soon! Great idea, Kelly!

Jenny said...

Hey Kelly, do you mind if I add a Mister Linky on this topic so that everyone's recipes can be in one spot? They'd post their names and then link to the post of their recipe...

Kelly Glupker said...

Jenny,
I don't mind at all - but I don't know exactly how that works.

Unknown said...

Eeek, I'm tagged! Hmm, I'll have to think about this one I have lots of favorites . . .

Way to go on the dinner menu! I've been doing a weekly dinner menu for about a year now and it really helps me stay organized. I don't do it up on the computer like you do but I have a little blackboard in my kitchen that I write the week's dinners on. It helps me stay calm when 4:00 p.m. rolls around. :) Now if I would only stick to my menu . . .

Amanda Irene said...

Hi its amanda Kara's friend. You are my kind of people!!! Good idea abou the menu. I can't imagine going to the store without a list. I made a spread sheet in excel and listed all the meals I make then I put the intials of the people in my house that will eat it! When the baby gets bigger you'll relate more to this. I have some great recipes! Kara will tag me! Looking forward to the FOOD. :)

Jenny LaBo said...

Hi Kelly check my blog. Again GREAT idea!!! I am going to try and make a weekly menu this week. I have never done it but I think it would help us!

Jenny said...

OK Kelly, I've got Mr. Linky up & running. All anyone has to do is visit my blog and link to their recipe! Then you'll be able to find them all in the same spot. (put the following link all on one line)

http://mjmuth.blogspot.com/2007/11/
recipe-tag.html

undergroundcrowds said...

great idea with the recipe exchange. I've been copying and pasting like a mad woman.
(just the ones that I can get the ingredients in the German market)

:)