Monday, August 18, 2008

Just the Two of Us

Ben and I were able to enjoy a date night last night - the first in a verrrry long time. It was a beautiful evening to walk around downtown and stroll by the Ohio River.

As much as we love our son, it is so nice to have one-on-one time with just each other. We have a crazy-busy semester ahead of us with classes starting tomorrow. We do not get to see each other as much as we would like during the semester so we try to take advantage of any time we can get.
We had dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory. It was my first time dining there and it was great!
Ben kept trying to get a picture of me looking into the sun. I guess he thought it would be a nice shot for him to have. Well, I just couldn't do it. I am so much like my dad. I squint even when I'm wearing sunglasses! So here are a couple of our attempts. In the picture above, I could not keep my eyes open! In the picture below I managed to keep them open, but it took a lot of concentration. Unfortunately, even with my eyes open, it's not a good picture - I just look crabby. I cannot take a decent, serious picture. During my senior picture photo shoot, I can still recall the photographer saying to me, "Um . . . well . . . you kind of look mean in the serious poses, so let's try something else."
Ben and I sure did laugh a lot as he tried to get this "perfect" shot.

9 comments:

Kara said...

Oh I still have nightmares about senior pictures. My mother was mortified that I didn't show my teeth in one picture. Hello- I still had braces, so not cool.
Anyway, I'm glad you had a chance to go on a date, that restaurant sounds good!

Tricia said...

I love the Old Spaghetti Factory (in Indy). We had our rehearsal dinner there and frequent it as often as possible! So glad you guys had a fun date night.

undergroundcrowds said...

sounds like you guys had a good time. good for you!

CC said...

Cute pics! I'm so glad y'all got a good date night before the "chaos" begins!!! ;)

The Murphy's said...

Such a cute pic of you and Ben! Glad you had fun on your date night ;)

Trail Rated said...

Kami and I were able to go on our first date with one of our kids watching the others. PTL for movies to keep them out of trouble!

Laurie said...

Sounds like you had a nice time, we could use a 'date night' sometime. I'll have to work on that.

Kim said...

Funny, funny. I think you look very pretty in these pictures. Ben~ you don't look so bad either :)

Teresa Bruneau said...

I'm sorry I called in the middle of your date-night. You know me, I have to be a part of LIKE EVERYTHING you two do!!!!