Monday, February 23, 2009

Laboring This Labor Day

My sister-in-law, Sarah, came to town this weekend so we shared our news with her -
we are expecting another baby!
Children are a blessing and we are so thankful for this great gift and privilege. Currently, my due date is right on Labor Day, September 7. It sure seems appropriate. Many of you know about my struggles with infertility. My cycles are not exactly normal. According to my cycle, I am about 14 weeks pregnant and due on August 29. However, I take my morning temperature every day and chart it. According to my charts, I ovulated verrry late and therefore am probably only about 12 weeks pregnant and due on September 7. The doctor did an ultrasound and I am measuring 12 weeks with a September 7 due date. It's amazing to me how accurate charting is! We will get a better idea of when exactly I'm due at the 20 week ultrasound.
I have heard the heart beat with the Doppler and it's the most beautiful sound in the world. I am starting to feel much better. For several weeks I was feeling quite nauseous in the evenings. I'm praising the Lord that I am starting to feel good again.
I have received so many words of congratulations through email and facebook. Thank you! It's such a blessing to share this news with those we love.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you believe in miracles?

Kelly Glupker said...

Paul,
Do we know each other?
And yes, I do believe in miracles because I believe in God.

Kara said...

That heartbeat IS the most wonderful sound! I feel all warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about it. There were two tiny babies in church Sunday, and I just go CRAZY when I see them.

chris k said...

So excited for you and Ben. The heartbeat is one of those amazing things we get to experience. I will be praying for you and for a summer of DRY heat with no humidity. :)

Anonymous said...

congrats!!!

Jenny said...

it IS amazing how accurate charting is! Congratulations on this new addition to the family. I was due this past labor day and Evan came early - may you be so blessed! :-) Praying for a great pregnancy for you!

Amanda T said...

Congratulations Kelly and Ben!! I'm glad to hear that God has blessed you with another precious gift. I hope this pregnancy is a little easier for you.

The Sullivan's said...

That's so exciting! Congrats!!

Rachael Neal said...

congrats - we saw sarah on friday night on a fluke. it was so fun to catch up with the glupker clan!

Sarah Glupker said...

Aunt Sarah was VERY excited to hear the great news!!
And O-Bug...you're going to be a super-dooper big brother.
Sept. 7th seems so far away!

A. Sarah

Matt & Nicki said...

Congratulations to you both! There is something so exciting about the news of being pregnant, no matter what number child it is along the way!! Hope all continues to go well for you!

Briana McCall said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from Maui!
~Cathy

Unknown said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!! How very exciting!!! Keep us posted on your pregnancy and be sure to post some belly pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That's such wonderful news!! I've followed your story over the years and it encouraged me with my own adventures in charting. ;)

Amanda Irene said...

Sweet!