Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Big Boy Bed

Because God surprised us with some extra funds a couple of weeks ago, we were able to order Owen's new bed. We spent last night rearranging his room to try and make some space for the new baby. Owen was VERY excited. Because he is only 21 months old, I wasn't in any hurry to move him to the new bed, but I did want him transitioned before he HAS to give up his crib. Daddy decided that Owen could sleep in his new bed last night. He did great!

So proud of himself!
"What? You're telling me I'm not allowed to stand on my bed?!"
(The frame behind the headboard is going into storage)
Bedtime Prayers
He never got out of bed and fell asleep in no time. When we went in to check on him we found his pillow had moved to the other end of the bed and George was kicked out.
And he STILL slept sideways. Silly boy.

11 comments:

Pam said...

What a cute bed. I love the way he still slept "crib style".
I really like the bedding too! Very cute and little boy :)

Abby said...

YAY Owen!! And the bedding is SO cute!! I'm getting close to the stage of getting Eli into a big boy bed! Hopefully he does as well as Owen does!

christina said...

love it!! connor still sleeps with his head at the foot of his bed. that's the way he slept in his crib. i hope he sleeps that way 'til he moves out. :)
my favorite though is that george got the boot. so funny!

Sarah Glupker said...

I think I love the 'big boy' more than the 'big boy bed'.....
George needs a place to sleep too, Owen, so make a little leg room for the fuzzy guy.
Where oh where are you going to sleep NOW when you come to grandma and grandpa's house in a few weeks?!?!
Like the sheet/bedding set, Kel. Where'd you end up getting it?
I love you, Owen! You're such a super dooper kiddo!!!!

Aunt Sarah

Karen said...

Great job, Owen! Olivia surprised us as well by doing great from day 1. Cute bed, too!

Kelly Glupker said...

Sarah,
I ordered the bedding from Wal-mart. It was the cheapest set I could find that wasn't a cartoon. :) I liked it because it coordinates well with the crib bedding. Owen likes it because it has a giraffe on it.

Heather said...

What cute pictures and what a beautiful bed!! It is hard to believe that they grow up so fast and before you know it are out of their cribs and into big beds!

Victoria moved into a big girl bed when she was only 14 months old. (I didn't want 2 cribs) and I was surprised at how well it went.

Shelby said...

Cute Pictures! So funny he still ended up sleeping sideways! Gracelyn sleeps with the same George. What is the name of that bed?

Kara said...

I cannot believe he still slept sideways!
(And I told you he'd do fine :)

Kelly Glupker said...

Shelby,
It's the Dream on Me Sleigh bed, in black (but it comes in many colors). They sell it at Target, Babies R Us, Walmart, and probably other places too. Walmart was BY FAR the cheapest place to get it and the only one to not charge shipping since I had it shipped to the store. Very few places sell toddler beds in stores, and if they do, there isn't much to choose from. Good luck!

suzanne said...

This is too cute! It seems like yesterday we were putting Gavin in his big boy bed! We never told him he wasn't allowed to get out, but he NEVER did. Even now, at four and half, he still asks before he gets up!