Monday, August 24, 2009

Ready. Or not?

I have been telling myself for the last several days that once Owen's birthday party was over I would be ready to have this baby. And then as we were cleaning up, it hit me.


- My hospital bag is not packed
- I haven't dug out my nursing "gear" yet
- We still don't have a name picked out
- We haven't set the crib back up
- My video camera battery is not charged
- I don't really have any definite plans regarding what Owen is going to do when I go to the hospital

Okay, so maybe I'm not quite ready. I'll work on it this week, since I'm due in two.

8 comments:

Shelby said...

I agree, you better start marking that list off soon!!

christina said...

girl, you are too funny. i was like that with meg.... and i barely made it. she was 9 days early. :)

Diana Oedy said...

Well you know you have back up with us, we are on call 24 hours s day if you need us to take Owen :)

Rachael Neal said...

i'm with you! it occurred to me last night that i am only 6 weeks away from delivery. i don't have a stitch of clothing out, bag packed, plans for my daughter...the second one is so much more laid back, eh?

CC said...

HA HA HA! Already number two is different from number one! We were the same way!

Amanda Irene said...

I guess your third kid you just leave without ANYTHING! I am making notes on this. : )

Kelly Glupker said...

Well, I can't say I was any more prepared with Owen. In fact, when my doctor told me at a prenatal visit that I had to go to the hospital THAT DAY to deliver my first response was, "I haven't had a hospital tour yet" followed by, "Can I go home and pack a bag first?" But if I remember correctly, you don't need 90% of the stuff the books tell you to bring. If I have my toothbrush and a camera, I'll be good. :)

Kara said...

I'm with you Kelly- toothbrush and maybe some deodorant. And that's a maybe.

We pray for you guys every night! It's almost time!!!!