Tuesday, October 27, 2009

He did it again!

God never ceases to amaze me in the ways He takes care of my family. Last week we purchased a minivan. Here are a few reasons why it's a better vehicle for me to drive:

- It has a CD player (never had one of those before and Owen LOVES to listen to music!)
- Both the heater and the air conditioner work
- The windshield wipers are quiet
- ALL the doors open
- It can seat my children plus the children I nanny
- It has a remote to unlock and open doors (a huge bonus when you're loading three kids into the car in the pouring rain)
- No rust
- Less than 100,000 miles on it (less than 200,000 would make me happy!)
- It was made in this century
- The interior lights turn on when I open the door
- The driver's seat can be adjusted
- So far, it starts up every time I turn the key
- The brakes don't make a funny sound when I press on them
- It uses less gas
- No cracks or chips in the windows

I don't deserve any of the above perks, but I sure am thankful for them!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! We're in the market for a minivan now too and praying God gives us something reliable and nice in our price range. I hear ya on the cd player. We just got one a few months ago and we're ALL loving music in the car!

Amanda Irene said...

Sounds great!

Shelby said...

That's great, glad you found something nice!

Abby said...

Welcome to the Mini-Van Club! :-) We got ours about 6 months after Eli was born. Even with just one child, it's been WONDERFUL! You will never regret it, especially since traveling with kids requires SO much stuff! Praise the Lord for His provision!

Sarah Glupker said...

Praise!
Can't wait to check out the new wheels...it's a Mom-Mobile.

Kara said...

No rust? Who do you think you are, anyway?
(Our 2002 Chevy Venture is looking pretty rough around the edges) So what kind did you get?

Kelly Glupker said...

Kara,
We got a 2004 Honda Oddysey. I LOVE being a minivan mama!