Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Big Monkey

Owen is potty trained. He has not had a single accident in two months, until last week. He has had four "accidents" though they aren't done by accident! I'm not sure what the cause of this is, but I do know that he's verrry interested in what's in the diapers of Will (the boy I nanny) and Aubrey. And today he told me he was a baby! I know some two year olds still seem like babies, but not mine. He acts older than he is, much of the time. A couple days ago he put a diaper on his monkey, George. Today he said George needed another one. I decided to play the "big boy" card and told him that George was a big monkey and big monkeys don't wear diapers because they use the potty. So, George needed a pair of underwear, of course.

I'm hoping this phase passes quickly. He already had to miss soccer this week for messing his pants. I'm hoping he's learning his lesson.

3 comments:

Sarah Glupker said...

My My! How I remember when George came into the family...and now look at what a big Monkey he's become. Just like you're a big boy, Owen! So happy to hear you're both going in the potty now..way to go boys!

xoxox

A. Sarah

suzanne said...

Gavin went through this. At 2 1/2 he was completely potty trained - even at night. Then all of the sudden a month before he turned three, he started having "accidents". I remember crying about it at church because I was so frustrated and embarrassed. It went on for a week or so. I ended up telling Gavin that he couldn't have a birthday party if he wasn't potty trained. It worked.

Kelly Glupker said...

Thanks, Suzanne. It's nice to have someone who understands because it can be embarrassing! I have been reminding him as much as possible that he is a big boy and a lot of privileges come with being a big boy. For example, tonight when he was holding Aubrey I told him that little boys (those that aren't potty trained) can't hold Aubrey because they aren't big enough. I know that's a little manipulative, but I hope it's working!