Thursday, June 17, 2010

Carnivore & Bread Boy

Mashed potatoes, meatballs, green beans, corn, ham, turkey, chicken, hot dogs, bread, watermelon, strawberries, grapes, brown rice, fish (YES - even fish!) - these are the kinds of foods Aubrey loves. She's a carnivore to be sure. Meat is by far her favorite food, but she won't touch it if comes in a jar. She's not a big fan of baby food. Some days she'll eat it, most days she won't. I am so thankful my baby likes table food: it's easy and inexpensive.
Speaking of food - for three days Owen asked me for "airplane pancakes." I have no idea where he got this idea, but he sure was excited when I made them. He didn't even want to cut them up. Owen has always loved any kind of bread: waffles, pancakes, biscuits, garlic bread. When he was little we called him our "little bread boy."
Our two children have two very different eating patterns!

4 comments:

Pam said...

Those are really cool pancakes! I wouldn't want to cut them either.

Kara said...

Meat. NONE of my kids liked meat at that age! I love her.
Was that an airplane cookie cutter, or are you just really talented??? :)

Kelly Glupker said...

Kara,
She doesn't get very excited about vegetables, but I too am surprised (and thankful!) that she loves meat so much.
Let's just lie and say I'm reaaally talented. :)

suzanne said...

Sounds JUST like my two!