Thursday, June 24, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Owen

* Ben said something about another child and I looked up and whispered, "Ben, remember he repeats everything." Owen spoke up, "Yeah, I repeat everything!" My point exactly.


* Owen: "I want to eat dinner outside tonight.
Ben: "It's too hot tonight, son"
Owen: "It's not two hot, Daddy. It's just one hot."

* I went to go change Aubrey's poopy diaper and Owen said, "Mommy, does Aubrey have her stink on?"

* I told Owen we had to go to the grocery store. He came up with this idea: "Mommy, you go to the grocery store aallll by yourself! And I will stay here with Aubrey. I'll keep her safe."

* Owen told his little friend, "Let me tell you a story about my Uncle M." (he loves to hear stories about his Uncle Michael so he thinks everyone else does too!)

* As we were walking toward his room to go to bed, Owen held my hand and looked up at me and said, "Mama, thank you for playing with me so much today."

* "I'm Aunt Judy's buddy, Daddy's boy, Grandpa's little man, and Grandma's doll boy." (Grandma is to blame for that name). And I said, "Well, Owen, what are you to me?" He thought for a moment and said, "I'll be your dog!"

* "King David had a son named Solomon. I am Daddy's son. Solomon went to the Temple and Daddy goes to the Temple too!!!" (Ben works at a Jewish Temple)

* Aubrey didn't do something Owen wanted so I overheard him say, "Aubrey, Ephesians 6:1 says, 'Children, obey your parents!'" I stepped into the room and asked, "Owen, who are Aubrey's parents?" He replied, "Daddy, Mommy and Owen." Oh, the tears that fell when I told him he could not be Aubrey's parent.

* Owen woke up in a crabby mood the other morning so we sent him right back to bed and told him he could not get back up until 7:33, or until he was happy. It was 7:31. At 8:00 we still hadn't heard a word out of him. A few minutes later we hear crying and he said, "The three's are all gone! When can I come out?!"

* He's pretty quick to give compliments. "Your shoes are pretty, Mommy." The other day I was wearing a skirt and he said, "Mommy, those bottoms are so pretty. Let's go show Daddy. He will like it."

* I was getting my hair done last Saturday and because of some complications it took over 3 hours. Owen played patiently the entire time. As I was leaving, another customer asked me, "Is your son really just two? He told me he was two." I said, "Yes. Why?" She said, "Well, he was looking at me so I said, 'Hello.' He then came over and shook my hand and told me his name. Then I asked, 'how are you?' And he answered me and said, 'I'm fine. And how are you?'"

* When we were finished checking out books at the library I told Owen it was time to go. He yelled, "NO!" and gave me a dirty look. I dealt with him, checked out our books, left the library and as I was buckling him into his car seat he kissed my check, wrapped his arms around my neck and said, "Mommy, I'm sorry I had such a bad attitude."

Sometimes he makes me want to laugh, sometimes he makes me want to scream but he always melts my heart.

1 comments:

Kara said...

"I'm fine. And how are you?" That was my favorite. Such a little man.