Sunday, July 04, 2010

Life in the Country

Because we live in a small apartment and do not have a yard, I take the kids out almost every day to go somewhere to play. My sister's house has over 5,000 square ft, but what I LOVE is her yard! There is so much for the kids to do outdoors that I see no reason to ever leave except to go to church and get groceries every once in a while.

I snapped a few pictures of some of the fun things the kids played outside. There is much more that I didn't capture: playing with sidewalk chalk, riding bikes, jumping on the trampoline, climbing on the playground set, playing ladder ball - not to mention having tons of land to run around on to play almost any game you can think of. Owen had a blast!
Playing basketball. This seems like an appropriate place to mention that I beat my sister, Kim, in the game of P-I-G. (Korey played too, but I can't say I beat him)
The kids love to ride on the four-wheelers.
Who knew that taking the trash out could be so much fun!

Running through the woods to fight the "bad guys." Owen learned all kinds of things from his older cousins.
I don't care so much about what kind of house I live in, but I think it would be great to have a few acres of land!

0 comments: