Sunday, July 04, 2010

An Unexpected Trip

My brother, Korey, called me late on a Friday afternoon/early evening and informed me that he was making a surprise visit to Michigan to see my Dad and sister. He asked if I could meet him there. Since I work I wasn't sure I was going to be able to swing it on such short notice. Thankfully it all worked out. I was able to get the week off, fill some prescriptions, make a meal for a family at our church, make several meals for Ben to have in my absence, do the laundry, pack and be on the road by 11:00 a.m. Saturday morning. We pulled it off - my Dad and sister were very surprised!

Although the preparation to get to Michigan was a little crazy, my time there was quite relaxing. I had the privilege of visiting with old friends, going to my old church and spending time with family without a full schedule of activities and parties to go to. My dad even took a few days off work so that he could be with us.
When we were kids my dad always made a big breakfast on Sundays. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed one of those meals, until this week. He made us breakfast three days in a row. Aubrey loved his eggs and sausage. Dad is also "famous" in our family for his popcorn. Every time we get together we play games and eat popcorn. The grand kids think it's a pretty special treat!
In the beginning, Owen would only go in the pool with Grandpa.

I was exhausted by the time I got home. We stayed up late every night eating and playing cards. And of course we were up early every day with the kids. It was a good week. I could of stayed longer but Owen can only stand to be away from his Daddy for so long. The last couple of days he kept saying, "I want to go to Kentucky to see my Daddy." Although an hour before we got home he also said, "I want to go see my cousins!" He does love his Daddy and I'm thankful for the special relationship they have.

Below I have several posts with pictures of our time in Michigan.

0 comments: