Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I Spoke Too Soon



Two hours after my last post, Potty Practice, Aubrey approached me and while patting her bottom, said, "poop." She's done this before but I've never been in a position to be able to quickly put her on the toilet. But tonight I was. I scooped her up and told Owen to get her seat ready. I put her on the toilet and Owen immediately began to coach her, as he always does. He showed her how to grunt and push and make your face all red. She did everything he did and within seconds of being on the toilet she went - A LOT! Owen was thrilled. As soon as I wiped her and took her off Owen said he had to go. So he sat down and being the imitator she is, Aubrey stood right in front of him and began to coach him. They are quite the team, these two kids of mine!
I know she's only 15 months old. I am not potty training. We are simply potty practicing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's fabulous! Regardless of her age, I say go for it! I've always heard the best time window is anywhere between 15-23 months (as long as it's BEFORE the stubbornness normally associated with two year olds). Hope this wasn't just a fluke!

Jenny said...

potty practice is fabulous! Aaron trained himself this way and Evan is on his way to full training. I couldn't be more thrilled! YAY for Aubrey! (and for helpful big brothers)