Monday, February 07, 2011

Winter Wonderland

I think I'm about due to post some pictures! Here are a few shots I took last week when we took the kids out to play in the snow. There was hardly enough snow in Kentucky to play in so the big snow drifts were a new experience for our kids.
Since the snow came up past Ben's knees in some parts it was a little to deep for the kids to actually walk.


We have a large hill in the backyard great for sledding. However the snow was a bit too thick. We should have paved a path to smooth it down before attempting to take the kids on it.
Here is Ben trying to pack down the snow with the sled.
I didn't take into account that the wind was a bit cold on the cheeks. Poor kids.
They were much happier back up on the driveway where we were shielded from the wind.

I don't know what it is about a bundled up toddler - but it's so stinkin' cute! As you can see, she kept taking her glove off.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

That looks like sooo much fun!!! :>)

Anonymous said...

I just realized you're in Louisville, KY. That's where we live. What part of town are you in? We are in Middletown. What a small world!