Friday, May 13, 2011

28 Weeks - 8 Pounds

I still remember the post I wrote when I was 28 weeks pregnant with Owen. The title was "28 Weeks - 28 Pounds." Then when I was pregnant with Aubrey I posted "28 Weeks - 10 Pounds." So here I am, 28 weeks pregnant again and it seemed only appropriate to use the same title.

I'm actually closer to 29 weeks and I don't have a picture, but here's how the pregnancy is going so far:

- Total weight gain is 8 pounds
- No signs of preclampsia!
- At my last ultrasound a couple of weeks ago the baby measured just over 2 pounds.
- I've transitioned from feeling kicks to seeing movement and feeling bones on the outside of my belly. I often see an elbow, foot or fist stick out.
- My husband has started calling my belly a "torpedo" again. My lap is getting very small which makes it hard to swing with Aubrey.
- Other than back pain and poor blood circulation in my left leg I feel great!
- I assume I passed my glucose test since the doctor hasn't called yet.
-Both children are very aware that there is a baby coming. Owen talks about it quite a bit and Aubrey often takes the initiative to talk to my belly and kiss it.
- The nursery has been set up for several weeks now. The dresser is empty, the crib is ready and the changing table is available. I just need to wash clothes, which I won't be doing any time soon.
- We do not know the gender and we do not have a name picked out. We don't even have a list of possible names. We have yet to even come up with a single name we both love. We haven't even come up with a boy name we both kind of like. Suggestions are welcome.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

YAHOO for a healthy pregnancy! :-) We have the hardest time with names, too. I know I do it to myself with my ridiculous (and somehow important) naming rules!!

Pam Wickman said...

Names are hard. Really hard. We we're very big into the meanings and started there. Then there were 25 more rules that we thought were important....we found at least one that worked so we had success.
It will come to you and Ben.
I like to read peoples suggestions though.
My alternate names...since we're not having any more were:
Girl - Jenna Marie
Boy - Samuel James
OR - Caleb Christian

But...we had a girl - and James didn't want another J name so Noel Marie it is.

Anonymous said...

Well you know what my suggestion is, so I won't even mention it. I know that Kim never used it and you probably won't either so I will have to work on Korey and Sharon.
Grandpa Rademacher

Anonymous said...

I really like the name Jessie Jr.