Thursday, June 16, 2011

It's Strawberry Season!

Yesterday we met up with my sister and my grandma to make jam. The strawberries were picked in the morning and by afternoon they were ready to spread on bread. Talk about fresh!

We had two cases of strawberries to make freezer jam with. These are the leftover strawberries.
My grandma Thelma, who makes the best freezer jam, was there to lead the way. It was so fun to have her spend the day with us! She and my mom are so much alike. They are both hard workers and don't mess around when there is a job to be done. We had a good time working and chatting the day away.

My sister, Kim

I'm not sure how many pints of jam we made but suffice it to say we made LOTS.



Aubrey pushed a chair over to me and hugged me from behind. It reminds me of a picture of me hugging my mom from the back while she was sewing when I was a little girl. Perhaps I should find that picture and post it.

We're pretty happy about all the jam we get to eat for the next year!

0 comments: