Monday, July 25, 2011

39 Weeks Down, God Knows How Many Weeks to Go!

Today marks my 39th week of pregnancy. Over the last week, especially, I have received several sympathetic looks and sweet comments of concern as we have had very high temperatures with intense humidity. I can honestly say that neither the weather nor the pregnancy has been a bother to me. I still ran a garage sale last week, went blueberry picking with my family, made several trips to the pool and am keeping up with my two active children. I thank the Lord for the strength and good health! I honestly feel great! I can't complain. Children are a blessing. Being pregnant is a blessing. And although there are days when I'm less than comfortable I am functioning just fine. I have appreciated all of the sweet texts and emails from friends who are inquiring about me so I thought I'd just let everyone know, I'm absolutely fine. I feel a lot of pressure. I have been having contractions off and on for days, but nothing to get worked up over.
I do get quite a laugh from the comments I receive from strangers. My belly must be growing because I'm hearing a lot of things like, "When are you due?!" and "You look ready to pop!" Even Owen seems to have noticed a chance in recent days. He has asked more than once, "Your belly is huge. Is the baby going to come today?"
The baby will come, all in the Lord's timing. I am in no rush. Ever since my close friends and family heard I was dilated to 3 (that was ten days ago now) I've received lots of texts asking if I am in labor yet. No, not yet. God created my body and this baby and He knows the perfect timing for baby to be born.
Upon hearing that we still didn't have a name picked out, one of my closest friends said to me, "I don't know how you sleep at night!" I laughed. I am sleeping just fine, better now than I will be in a few weeks I suspect.

I don't know if I've made any progress or not. My next appointment is tomorrow morning.

Who knows? This may be my last pregnancy picture!

4 comments:

Shelby said...

Very cute pictures, pregnancy treats you well! Glad I made you laugh! :) Let me know what you find out at your appt.

Kelly Glupker said...

Yes, you did make me laugh! And Ben too! I'll keep you posted.

Diana Oedy said...

I am sure you remember, with Nathan I was dilated 4 cm for three weeks, and he wasn't early be was born on his due date. I have learned it really doesn't mean a thing :) Glad you are feeling well! Look forward to hearing an announcement soon!

Kelly Glupker said...

You're absolutely right! Dilatation doesn't mean a thing. I'm not even sure why we check for it. Although being effaced is helpful!