Tuesday, April 11, 2006

What a beautiful day!

Praise the Lord, it was in the 70s today! I love the fresh scent of spring when everything comes back to life. My flower bed is already starting to bloom, with weeds unfortunately. They always seem to pop up first. I will miss not working in my yard this summer.
It is unbelievable that I am finding myself at the end of my 4th year of teaching! I have learned so much in the last few years about myself, education, parents, ministry, etc. I do not plan to teach in Kentucky. In some ways I am relieved to have a break (from teaching, not from work). In other ways, I am sad about not having a daily ministry to students and families. There are days when I am overjoyed and love my "job." Then there are days where I am extremely frustrated! I know that is true regardless of what you do and where you are.
It is 8:30 p.m. and I am just now leaving to go home. Certainly I won't miss taking my work home and putting in 12+ hour days. As burned out as I feel sometimes about teaching, I have a feeling I am really going to miss it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You will miss it! When we got married I took a "break" from teaching and took a administrative assistant job. At first I loved having normal hours and doing something different. But it didn't take long for me to miss students and the life of constant learning in teaching. I missed the studying for classes the most. I know, I'm a huge nerd. But the Lord (as always) knew what was best for me and developed computer/web skills in me that I am using today to work part time.

We also had gorgeous weather yesterday! I was so excited to put some summery clothes on Chloe. We went for 2 walks and spent much time on the porch. While Chloe napped I worked on my garden. what kind of flowers do you have? I have tulips popping up and they're just about ready to flower. So fun.

Kelli said...

I am sure that you will miss teaching when you move to Kentucky, but I am sure the Lord will give you the opporunities to minister to others with what you hav learned the past 4 years in the classroom. My husband is planning on being a teacher some day. I don't think I have that gift! The student's whose lives you have touched will never forget you and how you have exemplified Christ to them.