Friday, July 28, 2006

WE HAVE ONE WEEK LEFT!

One week from tomorrow, we have to be out of our house! Boy, is there a lot to do. Ben will be leaving Saturday morning to head for Kentucky. I will join him over labor day weekend. In the mean time I will be living with Ben's sister.
We found an apartment last weekend while we were in Kentucky. We are very thankful for it. It has two good size bedrooms, two full size bathrooms, washer/dryer in the apartment, a 24 hour fitness center (which I am hoping to be motivated enough to use), brand new carpet and vinyl, and a few other perks. I also found a job while we were there. I will be waitressing again - not my dream job, but it got me through college and it pays the bills. We don't know a soul in Kentucky so I am hoping that after some time I can find a different job. Connections are great and unfortunately we don't have any!
Please continue to pray for us. We need health insurance and Ben is still lookoing for a job. Please also pray for us as we adjust to being apart for a whole month! We are very busy these days, but I will try to update as often as I can.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Kelly,

You may already be aware of this, but Southern puts out a weekly employment bulletin that offers a lot of jobs and such, especially for you - things ranging from childcare to cleaning to office work. Do you remember John and Shannon (Potter) Collop? They are living in Lou right now, as well as Matt and Aimee (Tripp?) DeBlaay. I would love to hook you up with any connections that I could. Let me know of any questions you have. I wish we still lived there so we could help you get acclimated!

Jenny LaBo said...

Wow apart for a whole month!
We will be praying for you. Hang in there. Everything will get done...I wish we could help.

Kelli said...

Wow, only 1 more week! I will definately be praying for you as you are away from your hubby for 1 month. I was away from mine for 2 1/2 weeks and I thought I was going to die! I will definately be thinking of you.

Your apartment sounds absolutely wonderful! I wish I had a 24 hour fitness center. I hope you are able to enjoy your waitressing job and then find another with insurance or whatever.

Traci said...

Kelly, I will definately be praying for you! What a scary move! Wow, you're going to do great, though. I have seen the Lord work miraculous things in your life in the past; He's not about to be done now! This is going to be exciting for you guys. Please keep us posted!

Unknown said...

Goodness, the summer sure went fast! I'll be praying for you as the whirlwind activities begin!

Janeen said...

Kelly- you should think of working for Starbucks. THey pay for benefits for 24 hours a week. Something to consider. Let me know if you need help.

Janeen

Kelly Glupker said...

Katie,
I do remember them, though I am not so sure they would remember me. Do they attend the seminary or just happen to live in Lou?