Friday, July 21, 2006

I AM IN LOUISVILLE!

That's right, I am currently in Kentucky. We got here late Thursday night - but we are only here until Sunday. We found an apartment today that we really like. We had about 15 apartments on our list to see. We have a few more to look at tomorrow until we make our final decision. We are also hoping to fill out some job applications while we are here and visit a church on Sunday.
I called the future owner of our house today. I was starting to worry (as I sinfully do) that things weren't going to work out. I wanted to talk to our buyer again to make sure that her loan was going through and the paperwork was being done. She was very sweet about confirming her desire to buy the house and informing me that all of the paperwork is going through just fine. It looks like our closing day will be August 4th. She works at a mental health facility and after I explained to her that Ben thought I was crazy for calling her, she said, "I work with mental people - and yes you are crazy!"
Before I sign off I need to give praise where praise is due. God continues to amaze me and do more than I can ask or think! He has provided us a great room at a hotel here in Louisville. The room normally costs $250 a night (at least that is what it says in the room), but a friend of ours who works for the company back in Michigan booked the room for us. We are only paying $35 a night! Can it get any better?!?!?

6 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

I am so happy for you. It sounds like this has been a very productive trip for you! We are praying for you!

Ben & Shannon said...

Wow, I'm sure you are having fun trying to figure things out in Kentucky! I know I enjoyed when we were looking at places. Just enjoy it a leave it to God!!!!

Kelli said...

Wow, the Lord is really working out the details for you! I hope you are able to find a wonderful apartment, job, and mostly, a wonderful church. Tommy & Tricia Moore are living in Florence Kentucky. I know it is right on the ohio border.

Katie said...

Yay! PTL. Where is the apt. that you are maybe moving into? I bet it's hot in Lou right now. That's hilarious that that woman said you ARE crazy! :)

Kelly Glupker said...

Katie,
I would have to ask Ben more specifically where the apartment is. I don't pay a whole lot of attention unless I am the one driving. :( It is called East Chase Apartments - about 8 miles from the seminary.
Yes, it was very hot in Lou. especially on Friday!

Karen said...

Congrats! Sounds like the Lord is working everything out just perfectly!