Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Lord Never Ceases to Amaze Me!

There are so many things I could say right now, but I am in a huge hurry. God has done so many great things for us. The first thing I want to mention is that WE HAVE A BUYER FOR OUR HOUSE!!!! Just last week my boss was talking to me about a new position opening up that I might want to apply for. I said I would be very interested in that because at this point "It would be a miracle for our house to sell in time for seminary." The very same day a lady came to our house to see it for the first time. She said she had looked at over 5o houses and ours was the last on her list. She put an offer on it the very same night! We accepted the offer and got all of the legal paperwork ready. She is in the process of getting her loan and we close in less than three weeks! Not only that, but she offered us $5,000 more than the people who we thought were going to buy the house a few weeks ago. We didn't use any realators (that doesn't looked spelled correctly, but oh well) so we do not have to pay out any commissions! Can it get any better?!?!?! Furthermore, God has provided free storage for us for the next 4 years!

I have so much to do, I can't even think straight. Please pray about the following:
- That NOTHING falls through and we close on time.
- That we can find a place to live in Kentucky
-Employment
-Insurance
-Time to pack and organize everything we own!
-That our car will get fixed so we can drive it out of the state.
-Ben's schedule - that he can start classes on time!

I have to get going, but I know so many of you have been praying and I wanted to update you. Please continue to pray! Thank you so much!!!

10 comments:

Heather said...

This is so exciting! I have chills going right through me!! I am so happy for you both!

I am going to put your list of prayer requests in my prayer journal and keep you in my prayers!!

YEAH!!!!!!! God is amazing isn't He?

Kelli said...

Praise the Lord for his AWESOME goodness. He never ceases to amaze me! I will be praying that everything goes through and that everything will fall into place for your move to Kentucky and for classes, etc. Keep us posted! I will be praying.

Ben & Shannon said...

Wow, that's great! We'll be praying for you. I totally understand your situation. We were there 3 years ago when we moved to South Carolina for Ben's schooling. We went totally on faith. No job and 2 babies- that was scary! The Lord provided immediately when we got there!!!

christina said...

yeah!! kelly, that's great! you should touch base with my sister. (i can shoot you her email if you want) she moved back from louisville a year ago, but knows a lot about the area. she could help you house hunt...or at least point you in the right direction.

we'll keep praying.

Amanda T said...

God does amazing things in His timing to truly show us who He is--the One who is sovereingly in control. Have fun packing and I'm sure you are so both excited about what God has planned for you down south. Keep us updated.
Glad to hear the good news.

Jenny LaBo said...

Praise the LORD!!!
God is so GOOD. I am so happy for you guys!
We are praying for you!

Unknown said...

TERRIFIC news, girl! Exceeding abundantly, above all we ask or think that's what our God can do!!!!

I'll keep you in my prayers, dear. How exciting!

BTW: It's realtor (no extra a).

pamela s said...

How exciting! The Lord is good. He will continue to lead you - just keep following! Can't wait to hear how He guides you through your next major decisions.

Kelly Glupker said...

Heather,
Thanks for including us on your list!

Shannon,
Was it BJU that you guys went to? What degree was your husband working on? Did you have insurance? That's one thing I am sort of freaked out about.

Alicia,
Thanks for the spelling help. You're a gem.

Anonymous said...

I know you wrote this a while ago but I just wanted to point out that list that you wrote for us to pray for. If you didn't notice it looks like God has answered most if not all of those prayer requests. We all seem to forget the ones that have been answered. Just thought that I would point that out.