Sunday, May 06, 2007

Kimbe comes to town

Because this was Derby weekend here in Kentucky, school was closed on Friday. My sister took the opportunity to drive down to see us on Thursday night. She stayed until this afternoon. We just loved having her and Brooklyn here. As always, we ate, played games, and laughed a lot. I love that my family is so close and that we have so much fun when we are together.
Kim was a huge blessing to me in that she helped me do the baby registry. I don't know what I would have done without her! We spent two mornings registering at Babies R Us. There are so many decisions to make - what kind of bottles do you want? What's the safest car seat? Which stroller is the most practical? Which diaper bag will be the most convienent? AHHH!!! I have a hard time making decisions sometimes so it was really nice to have an experienced mom with me. In fact, I hardly held the scanner - she pretty much did it all. Thanks Kim!
The one thing that I learned very quickly when registering is that baby gear is expensive! I am almost embarrassed at the prices of the things I picked out. How in the world do people afford to have children when they don't have family and friends who help them out with gifts and showers?!?!?
Here are a few of the pictures we took while the girls were in town:
Kim and Brooklyn are looking into the mirror in this picture. Brooklyn LOVED the mirrors on our closet doors. She constantly waved to herself and gave herself kisses. A quick picture before we left for church - Brookie Baby, skinny-minnie Kim, and me.

Just finishing her bath - notice Brooklyn likes Mary Kay too!
Gotta love her!
These two sure do adore each other.
Why do people think my arms are weird?!?!?
For whatever reason, Brooklyn enjoyed this plastic spoon more than her toys.

7 comments:

Kara said...

Kelly, your father-in-law just asked me an hour ago,"Does Kelly have anything new on her blog?" I said no. He'll want to see that belly you know!

Kara said...

Oh- and that's a very nice picture of you and your sister together. Not the "arm" one, the other one.

Pam said...

I love Kim's dress! Brooklyn is getting so big too :) I like seeing pictures of you and your family, you always are having such a great time and it shows on your faces.
Love the belly pictures!

Kelli said...

I am glad your sister was able to come up and visit you. I am sure that was special! That must have been alot of fun registering for things for the baby. How fun to be able to pick those things out! The baby will be here before you know it. You look great!

Kelly Glupker said...

Kara,
My in-laws don't have the internet so they never see these updates. It's too bad.

Pam,
I'm glad you commented on Kim's dress. I picked it and she wasn't too sure about it at first. She'll be glad you liked it.

Kelli,
Thanks for your comment. The time does seem to be flying by.

Jenny LaBo said...

I have no idea how I missed this post and the wonderful pictures! I am so glad that she got to come and visit.
I'm sorry but the arm thing is weird. But you are still very lovely.

Anonymous said...

Kim looks like a model in the picture with her and Brooklyn on the bed. I've been looking at Brooklyns pictures on yours and Kims page but it just now hit me how big she is. Its sad that I'm missing out.