Friday, May 25, 2007

My last day of school!

Many parents take their child's picture on their first day of school. Today we are celebrating my LAST day of school so Ben took some pictures. (I know, we're dorks). Today was my last day at Whitefield Academy. I can't believe I just finished my 5th year of teaching. The time has gone by so fast. Teaching is a very rewarding job and a very important job. Yet, nothing will be as rewarding or as important as mothering my children! I received some very special cards from students today, cards I'll probably keep forever. There is nothing more satisfying than knowing you have made a difference in the life of someone else.
Today we had a special chapel before sending the kids off for the summer. We did "Whitefield Academy Awards" which of course was a spin off of the regular academy awards. It was hilarious! I even won an award! I won the award for giving out the most detentions and demerits. Of course, in my acceptance speech, I was SURE to thank all of the people (by name) who helped me get this award by being so deserving of discipline. It was great. Surprisingly, I didn't get the award for the giving the most homework. I certainly DON'T deserve that award (I don't think), but I was nominated. The kids just whine too much.
My room is all cleaned out, my grades are complete and posted on-line, my keys are turned in. The only thing I have left to do is walk tonight at graduation. Yippee! I will miss teaching, but I know that I will have all kinds of opportunities to teach my little one as he/she grows. Plus, I will be doing some math tutoring and subbing which will help me satisfy the desire I have to teach.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You look too cute in that shirt with that pregnant belly! I'm going to miss you this next year but I'm praying everything goes well for you and your little person! We'll have to keep in touch!
See ya tonight for your grand finale! : )

Jenny LaBo said...

Yeah Kelly.
This will give you more time to blog.
:)

Unknown said...

Congrats on your last day! Isn't that a wonderful feeling?! I mean, the last day before summer break is always so much fun knowing you'll get 3 months away from the school doors, but what a rush you must be feeling.

I agree, you look ADORABLE in that prego shirt. (did Ben pick that one out?) :) Can't wait til my belly gets big enough for maternity clothes again!

Kara said...

I agree with everyone that you look great, and if I ever had another baby I want you to take me maternity clothes shopping. Or maybe I can just borrow yours. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing another year of school! From what I've seen and heard you're an awesome teacher who has passion. I know you will be equally as good of a mama too.

Kelly Glupker said...

Thanks for all the compliments on the shirt, but I don't get credit for this one - and neither does Ben. It's my sister's. Almost all of the maternity clothes are hers or my cousins. My sister won a $1000 shopping spree at Motherhood last year. She and I picked out a boat load of clothes and now I get to use them!!

Kim said...

What great fashion sense you have! You look adorable, as usual.

the johnson crew said...

your acceptance speech sounds pretty funny!

you are adorable in your little prego mommy outfit.

i am so happy for you!

janelle