Thursday, May 24, 2007

Okay, Okay, I'm "it"

Apparently I have been "tagged." Since I have been tagged several times and Christina has filled out stupid surveys I have sent her, here it goes. I am supposed to tell 8 random or little known things about myself and then tag 8 others. I tried to enlist my husband's help since he is forever pointing out my quirks, but just when I need him to notice my quirks the most - he can't think of any! Here's what I can come up with, although, I KNOW there are many more than 8.

1. I eat lemons like you would oranges. Sometimes I crave them so much my mouth waters for one. It works out great because it's a free appetizer when I go out to eat. I always ask for a bowl of lemons.

2. My showers are so hot that my body is bright red when I get done and steam is literally floating off my arms and legs.

3. I often sleep with my arms across my chest like I'm protecting myself.

4. I CANNOT live without my tweezers. Ben and I went away for a weekend last summer and I forgot my tweezers. I begged him to stop at Walmart so I could buy another pair, but he refused. I just have to pluck my eyebrows every single day.

5. The first thing I do after my shower is put on deodorant. The last thing I do before I leave for the day is get dressed - which is when I put on my second application of deodorant. If I change my clothes for any reason throughout the day, I reapply again.

6. I am the lotion queen. I use it all the time. If I am not home and I don't have any with me I keep my hands closed tightly in a fist so that I can "naturally" moisturize (make them sweaty).

7. I have a small scar on my chin where my bottom tooth popped through when I was trying to flip my tricycle when I was little.

8. When I was little I smelled everything - the walls, furniture, toys, books, you name it. I used to have to mask the fact that I was smelling things because my sister teased me terribly about it. Come to think of it, she still teases me about that! To this day, I have a great sniffer. I pride myself of the fact that I can smell a person smoking in another car with our windows up before I even see the smoker! I always tell Ben I can smell it and then we immediately look to the nearby cars. It never fails, we see someone smoking.

Now I am supposed to tag 8 people. I pick my sister Kim, Stephanie, Jen LaBo, Pam Wickman, Kara, Chris, my cousin Jess, and Josh LaBo .

13 comments:

Kim said...

Did Ben know about all your weird little quirks before you got married? I had to smile reading your list because they are all so true!!! You are strange sister, but we love you more for it!

Kim said...

By the way, I don't have 8 blogger friends to tag. Does that mean I don't have to do your survey?

Kara said...

Thanks for tagging me, I will have to ponder on this for a bit, I don't want to embarrass myself too much.
And I would like to comment on #1 on your list- be careful with lemons, they are very corrosive to your teeth! (I'm sure you knew that already)
I had a patient who had weird notches across her front teeth because of her lemon sucking habit, and they were becoming sensitive.

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

ok i will think about some quirks of mine ! dont know if i can fit them all on one blog :) heehee
by the way i cant believe only 118 days give or take a few till baby glupker, how exciting !!!!!!! time sure goes fast, everything going well ? your looking great and just think your new full time job of mommy starts sat. right ?? last day of school tomorrow, yeah !

Kelly Glupker said...

Kim,
Like a smart woman, I kept all of my quirky-ness hidden from Ben until after he said, "I do." He actually enjoys my quirks, they make him laugh. :) And no, not having 8 blogger friends does not mean you are exempt!

Kara,
I know how terrible lemons are for your teeth. I just can't help it. I do try to brush when I am done eating them though.

Steph,
I know - I can't believe how fast the time has gone by too. Just think - it's almost June and I'm due in September! My last day of school is tomorrow (good memory). Will you be at church on Sunday??? I REALLY hope so - we would love to see you!

Unknown said...

Wow, you eat straight lemons? Do you at least put sugar on them?

Your showers sound like my husband's! I call him lobster boy when he emerges all red-backed. He loves his hot showers. He says they are opium to his soul. Not that he's ever tried opium . . .

Kelly Glupker said...

Alicia,
Yes, I eat the lemons straight. I don't like anything on them. Ben teases me about my hot showers too - he literally cannot stand under the water with me because it "burns" his skin.

Anonymous said...

I know I failed to come up with a list of your quirks before this blog. Sorry. But your #8 was definitely going to be #1 on my list. I think its just that you have so many and I grew up with you that I can't seem to point out specifically all of your quirks. I've accepted them as "normal". This isn't exactly a quirk but you are the ONLY person that I know that does not have the ability to enjoy a movie. Thats just weird.

Kelly Glupker said...

Hey Korey!
I'm thankful to hear that you have accepted me as "normal." By the way, I have watched SOME movies that are enjoyable. I just usually don't think they are AS enjoyable as doing something else. Maybe we should list out some of your quirks - as Cole would say - "won't that be fun?"

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

See you Sunday !!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Numbers is all you got on me as far as quirks go. At least some day I will be paid to play around with numbers. You, on the other hand, will never be paid to smell your bed sheets. lol

Kelly Glupker said...

Very funny, Korey! You made me laugh out loud with that comment!

Kim said...

You made me laugh too Korey, good one. Although Korey, I know you have more quirks than just your numbers thing... you are just smart enough to keep them hidden from your sisters so you don't get teased relentlessly!