Sunday, June 24, 2007

He must really love me

Several couples were going to Red Robin for lunch after church this morning and invited us to go along. I personally hate to spend money, but we definately enjoy the fellowship of the people in our Sunday School class. So, we decided to spend the money and go. I absolutely love the onion rings at Red Robin, but, because I am cheap, I didn't order any. They cost over $7! Sitting at a nearby table was a couple who had ordered the onion ring tower. They had three left when they were finishing their meal and they looked so good. I jokingly said to one of my girlfriends, "When they get up, grab those onion rings before the bus-boy gets to the table." Of course, I was TOTALLY kidding and would never do that! A few minutes later I notice Ben talking to the couple and I overheard him ask if his wife could have their last three onion rings!!! I was mortified! They were standing up to leave so it was obvious they weren't going to eat them. They said, "Sure. We didn't even touch them" (they were still on the tower). Ben smiled and took them. Our whole table was cracking up laughing. We got our food and Ben led us in prayer - which seemed fitting to me since he is apparently comfortable asking for things.

10 comments:

Tricia said...

That is too funny...definitely love! =)

Phil Luter said...

This reminds me of our trip to Mongolia. Ben asked the Mongolian lady sitting next to him on the plane if whe was going to eat her desert. Of course she gave it to him. We teased him even more when we heard that most Mongolians only get three good meals a week and have incomes of less than $100 per year. We told him he probably took the ladies only dessert of the year. At least this time he was asking for someone else.

Ben said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelly Glupker said...

Phil,
Your comment made me laugh SO HARD! I have never heard that story before. Ben said he doesn't remember it. He recalls talking to a woman on the plane, but not taking her dessert. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

the johnson crew said...

that is great kelly. sounds like something we would do.

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I remember the guys returning home and telling that story! Sure you don't remember, Ben??

Unknown said...

What a loving and selfless husband! How were the onion rings? :)

Don said...

I hate to say it Kelly, but Ben asking someone for food just doesn't impress me as out of the ordinary. :)

Karen said...

HA! I have always been tempted to do that, but have never, ever heard of someone actually doing it! Way to go, Ben. He really goes out of his way for his pregnant wife. :)

undergroundcrowds said...

he DOES love you!