Thursday, July 12, 2007

Celebrating 4 Years of Wedded Bliss!


Today is our 4th anniversary! The last 4 years have been wonderful!!!! I feel like we have been together forever. I am so thankful for the man God has given me and for the commitment we have for each other. We truly are the bestest of friends and have so much fun living life together.
We were briefly introduced in May 2002. We didn't see or talk to each other again until October of 2002 when he called out of the blue. On October 18th we went out on our first date. One month later I turned 23 and for my birthday he gave me a beautiful book shelf that he made. I knew then he must be serious. By Christmas we had talked marriage. On Valentines Day of 2003 Ben asked me to marry him. We said "I do" on July 12. I remember a few people expressing some concern that we married 9 months after our first date, but I can honestly say I have never had any doubts. God's will was so clear to us. I thank Him for bringing us together in His time.
I love you, Ben!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anniversary! I wasn't sure when exactly it was but I knew it was coming up cause you got married about a month after mom passed. Its weird that you were only 23 when ya got married. Maybe that means I still have a chance.

Matt & Nicki said...

Congratulations on celebrating four years. I love finding out how couples met. Enjoy celebrating the day together-any big anniversary plans?

Unknown said...

That is a lovely shot of you three together!

Congrats on four years of marriage! And thanks for briefly sharing your love story. Matt and I had a super-brief dating/engagement period too and my mom was reluctant about it. But we both knew we were made for each other and we didn't want to bother wasting any more time!

Hope you have a wonderful wonderful anniversary together. Are you doing anything special?

Around the World said...

Due to the fact that it is your FOURTH anniversary....maybe you should keep the game a few more days:) HA!

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

Happy Annviersary !!!!!
This next year will be even more special :) Have a wonderful day !
Love you guys -
The Armstrongs

Kara said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
Love, Kara and Casey

Ben & Shannon said...

Congrats!

Ours is Saturday the 14th - 6 years for us! Time does fly!!

Have a great day!

Pam said...

Congratulations Ben and Kelly!

Kelly Glupker said...

I know this is terrible, but we don't really have anything planned! We usually try to do something special, but I thought Ben was working tonight so I scheduled myself to have three tutoring sessions tonight. Bummer.

Lesley,
You and your game. What else can I say???? I can't believe Thom has let us borrow it this long.

Jenny LaBo said...

Happy Anniversary!!!