Thursday, November 08, 2007

Notice Anything Different?



No, our carseat did not get smaller. In less than ten weeks, J. Owen has grown 5 inches in height and gained over 7.5 pounds!!! And let me tell ya, he is a breastmilk-only baby! I have been accused of producing cream of wheat. :)
On Monday we went to the seminary so Owen could get his first round of immunizations. Several moms told me that out of the three shots, typically babies don't really know what's going on when the first needle goes in. By the second needle you have the baby's attention and by the third needle they are crying. Not my child. He's smarter than that. He knew what was going on as soon as the first shot started. Before the needle was out he was SCREAMING his little head off. He has a good set of lungs!
My pediatrician asked me if I read books to Owen and if we talk to him a lot. I told him we did. He said he could tell because of how alert he is. Apparently he smiles and coos a lot for a child his age. Maybe the doctor tells every mom that to make her feel good. It worked.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow, it's amazing how fast they grow.

Kara said...

I know you already know this, but he is so cute!!!

christina said...

WOW! he has grown! that's great! i have to say i love my pediatrician b/c of the way they do shots. if they are doing more than one shot they have two nurses come in and they do them all at the same time. quick and as close to painless as you can get. it has been fabulous.

Unknown said...

Owen's looking so big and healthy! Yay! We've gone different places for shots when our insurance coverage changed and I love it when they do them all at once. Believe me, it gets worse as your child grows in awareness. I'm so not looking forward to Chloe's next shots but thankfully that won't be for a while!

Jenny LaBo said...

I just want to pick him up and give him a hug.

Kelly Glupker said...

Christina and Alicia,
I wish they would do the shots all at once. I wonder if you can request that. We are getting them done at the seminary because they are free!

Jenny,
He would love - he is such a snuggler! He loves to be cuddled. At night if he wakes up I'll go in and just rub his back and he goes right back to sleep.