Friday, January 25, 2008

God Cares About the Little Things

I was able to leave work an hour early tonight because I finished all of my projects early and the rabbi was leaving. I took it as an opportunity to get a little grocery shopping done since Ben was home with Owen. It was nice strolling through Meijer and taking my time. I leisurely walked through many departments until I made it over to the grocery side of the store. I got everything on my list and went to the checkout. After I paid for my groceries, I began walking toward the door as I fished through my pockets to find my leather gloves. I found one. The other was gone. I was very disappointed because they were new gloves and I really liked them. I couldn't figure out how I lost my left one. Where could it be? I had walked around the entire store!
My frozen foods were thawing (I was especially worried about my ice cream) so I took them out to the car before reporting my lost glove. When I came back into the store I went to the customer service desk to see if someone had turned in my glove. There was a black leather one there - but it wasn't mine. I asked the lady behind the desk to take my name and number in case somebody turned it in. After all, what good is one glove? She did so. Though I was short on time, I decided to quickly race through the entire store and glance down the aisles. I said a short prayer as I paced around. As I passed the baking aisle I noticed something at the end of the aisle underneath the shelf. It didn't look like my glove, but it caught my eye. I walked closer to check it out and IT WAS MY GLOVE! I know this may not seem like a big deal, but it just confirmed once again, that God cares about even the little things. It wouldn't have been a crisis to lose my glove, but I would have had to purchase another (not so nice) pair. It was a blessing to see God answer my prayer and prevent me from having another expense. Thank you, Lord!
As I was exiting the store for the second time, I passed by the customer service desk. I raised my glove to the same lady who had helped me to show her I had found it. She looked at me like she had never seen me before. So I said, "You can throw away my name and number. I found it. Thanks!" Without a smile, she said, "right." I'm thinking she had already tossed my information in the trash. Oh well!

7 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

That's great Kelly! God does care about the little things!!! I think I will blog about my day too.

Phil Luter said...

When you think about it, we are so insignificant compared to God. Why should He care about anything in our lives? Yet He loves us with a love beyond our understanding and with that love comes compassion and caring for every detail of our lives. It's just as easy and just as reasonable to trust him for small things as for large. Thanks for sharing your answer to prayer.

Chris said...

Maybe the lady ignored you because God already knew you were going to find the glove!

Rachael Neal said...

thanks for that small reminder on a saturday morning. with the arrival of this new baby and all the hormonal changes that come with it, i've been dealing with the "big things" in life. its nice to be reminded that God cares right down to the leather glove scenarios.

Karen said...

The same thing happened to me, only with Olivia's new hat! Nothing is too big or too small for our God.... actually, everything is a small thing to Him!

Amanda Irene said...

Amen!

Unknown said...

Awesome story of God's faithfulness and covenant love! What's amazing is that He's made us a member of His family and chosen to care so deeply about our needs even though we don't deserve it. Thanks for sharing.