Thursday, February 14, 2008

Owen's First Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!
Grandma and Grandpa Lange (Owen's adopted grandparents) sent him his first Valentine! They also gave him two bags of m&ms which he is so kindly sharing with mommy and daddy. Thank you, grandma and grandpa Lange!
"I can chew this bag open even without teeth!"

Our Valentine's Day was relatively simple. Like last year, Ben had to work. He was in class all day and at work all night. Even without this holiday, I know he loves me. He does a good job showing it every day of the year - not just on this day. He knows me well enough to not buy me flowers and candy, for which I am thankful. There's nothing wrong with flowers, but I'm too cheap to think they are worth the cost.
This morning before Ben left for the day I made him three pancakes. The first one was in the shape of an "I." The second one was in the shape of a heart. The last one was "U" shaped.
What IS special about Valentine's day for us is that we got engaged 5 years ago today. I posted about it last year. You can read about it here.
I hope you and yours had a sweet day!

7 comments:

the johnson crew said...

wow, owen made out well this valentines day.

Kara said...

Mmmmmm are those peanut M&M's? My favorite.

He just gets cuter every time you post a picture!

the johnson crew said...

hey kelly, you GOTTA check my blog!

Unknown said...

We had a simple vday too. i'm with ya - it's the everyday commitments to our family that show Matt's love more than his gifts one day of the year! that said, i still like getting stuff (especially flowers - not the expensive kind though) . . .

Kim said...

Yes, Grandma and Grandpa Lange are the best!!! Aren't you glad I share them?!

Heather said...

He is getting so big, Kelly! I loved celebrating the kids first holidays with them. It is so much fun!

Sara said...

He is so precious, Kelly. I really enjoyed his laughing video clip. I don't think there is any sweeter sound, and you just never know what is going to strike those little minds as funny!