Monday, November 24, 2008

Birthday Weekend

Ben went all out this year in spoiling me for my birthday! He surprised me by planning a weekend trip to St. Louis, Missouri. We were able to relax, tour the Gateway Arch, do lots of shopping, and spend an evening with our friends, Josh and Sarah Wilson. We hoped to visit the Science Center, the Mounds, and the Art Museum, but Owen wasn't exactly up for it.
He also gave me some really thoughtful gifts: a couple new pairs of shoes, some clothes, a new study Bible, and new sheets - speaking of sheets, what thread count do you recommend?

The Gateway Arch - over 600 feet high

Owen at the very top of the arch looking down over the city.
Busch Stadium, where the cardinals play - very cool.
The City
Inside the TINY, rickety, old, egg-shaped cave thing that you have to sit in while you go up to the top of the arch.
Aren't' they cute?

Me and Mr. Crabby Pants

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a super special weekend! Your hubby is so detailed and thoughtful! How did Owen do away from home?

Kelly Glupker said...

Owen did fine except that he didn't get very much sleep due to our crazy, on-the-go schedule. He's normally a very happy little guy, but not so much when he hasn't had enough sleep. We obviously wore him out because he didn't wake up today until 12:20 p.m and he still took a 3 hour nap in the afternoon.

mj said...

Don't let my mother see that picture of owen leaning on the glass, she might get sick just from the picture Haha

Kim said...

Cute pictures. Looks like you had a great weekend. I could use a weekend away.

Kara said...

How fun! I would love to go up in the arch! I can relate to Owen and the lack of sleep/schedule, I would be crabby, too.

Phil Luter said...

I think a 6000 count in natural silk is a nice smooth sheet (or whatever is available).

Amanda Irene said...

I just reach inside the package and feel then next to my cheek. The cheek never lies. Although I have had sheets that after washing needed ironing. Imagine that?!?!? Thread count is hard to judge b/c there are different types of cotton. I am no help. :)

Gina said...

Looks like fun! You have such a sweet and thoughtful husband!!!!

My sheets are 250 count and I love them. But I also agree with Amanda - you have to check the exact type of fabric and feel them to know for sure.

Happy Birthday!

Sara said...

Very cool! Owen's video on the potty was ADORABLE!