Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A Quick Recap

I know many Christians around the country, myself included, are discouraged by Barack Obama's victory. However, we do have hope! God's Word tells us that the king's heart is in the hands of the Lord. And as a believer, my mission is to serve God before country and glorify HIM!
While it is unfortunate that proposal 1 (the legalization of marijuana) and proposal 2 (a proposal to amend the state constitution to address Human embryo and Human embryonic stem cell research in Michigan) passed in Michigan, I am encouraged to know that right now the Californian Gay Marriage Ban is headed for a victory! And I am also happy to know that the democrats did not grab the 60 seats in the Senate that they were hoping for. Perhaps we can still have some measure of a balance of power after all.
Be encouraged, God is still in control and has not been removed from His throne. I am thankful I serve the true King.

4 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

Great post Kelly. I was praying this morning about the whole situation. Just think if our new president elect became a true follower of God! What a huge change people could see!
Anyway I am happy because AZ passed PROP 102 banning same sex marriages. Thats a big deal :)

Pam said...

AMEN Kelly!!!

Kelly Glupker said...

I didn't even realize that Arizona was voting on a ban too! How did I miss that? I guess there was just so much emphasis on California. Thankfully the bans all passed in Florida, Arizona, and California!!!

Trail Rated said...

4 years ago I watched the Democratic national convention as a 12 year old girl openly mocked the president of the United States. I was appalled, and then convicted, realizing that I did the same to the prior president. Realizing that I no longer showed respect for the office if I didn't agee with the officer. I decided to repent that day. So when I am frustrated with the officer, I will pray for the office, and remind myself that indeed, God holds hs heart, and God appointed him to office. I will trust and pray!