Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas in Michigan

My blog has not been much of a priority in recent months. I really do hope to change that! We were able to spend two weeks in Michigan for Christmas. What fun it was to see so many of our friends and family! As always, there was lots of games, food, and laughter. During the course of our vacation we went bowling, visited Bronners, went swimming, played lots of card games, went shopping, played the Wii, met up with old friends, listened to Ben preach at Immanuel, went to 5 Christmas parties, and made lots of memories. Here are a few pictures of our holiday:Fine dining with the Rademacher side at McDonald's

My nephew, Carson is such a happy baby. You gotta love his huge blue eyes.

We spent one afternoon with my family at this indoor pool in Hartland. The kids loved this big slide. Brooklyn wasn't big enough to go on it, she was very disappointed. But both boys, Cole and Brenden (ages 4 and 5) had a blast going down all by themselves.
Owen is all about passing out hugs
We were able to meet my brother's girlfriend, Sharon. She's a really nice girl! I have several other pictures of them but they are on my camera which happens to still be in Michigan.


I was happy to capture this photo. Kara's kids locked her out of the classroom at church. Here she is saying, "ADAM! Unlock this door!!!"
Owen got pretty sick while we were out of town. It made for some sweet times of snuggling together, but I much prefer his normal happy disposition.

Me and my brother and sister at my Mom's side of the family. Sure do miss my mom!

Grandma and Grandpa Glupker gave Owen this Curious George doll for Christmas. He had never before been exposed to George, but as soon as he opened him up he gave him this big hug. He loves George!
Glupker Christmas - poor Sarah was sick.
Doing what we do best at the Glupker household - eating!
Owen with all of his cousins!
Kimbe (or Timmy), Eddie, and Kewy (it's a family joke)
Because we always have the cameras, pictures are not normally taken of us unless we ask for them.

Daddy teaching Owen how to bowl (check out Owen's tiny bowling shoes!). We went bowling with my side of the family. What fun that was! We may need to turn that into a tradition, along with our homemade chimichanga meal for Christmas.
Sometimes it's just as hard to get the adults to smile as it is to get Owen to smile.

We hope you had a Merry Christmas! You didn't get a card from me this year, but I am hoping 2009 is my year to finally send one out again!
By the way, we did spend some time with my dad. Unfortunately the pictures do not reflect this because most of the time we spent with him was the latter part of our trip and those pictures are on my camera - which of course is still in Michigan.

7 comments:

mj said...

Its about time you updated your blog! Glad O is back to his normal self. Only 111 more days until i'm done with the semester! Haha

Rachael Neal said...

kelly - great pictures! the glupkers look so well and happy. glad you had a great christmas with your families.

Pam said...

I'm glad you're back to blogging! I've missed it.
It was really nice to see you and your little family. Owen is getting so big so fast!
We love the pool in Hartland. It's so much fun. You were about 1/2 mile from my house!!!

Kara said...

I know how much you love your family, I'm so glad you could come and see everyone! Thanks for the pic of me, that was really sweet. I'll get you back for that.

Korey's girlfriend has the most fabulous smile. Her teeth are beautiful. Sorry, I had to say it.

amber said...

Looks like so much fun!

Kelly Glupker said...

Thanks everyone for the comments!
Michael,
don't you think it's about time you updated YOUR blog?
Kara,
Korey's girlfriend has perfect teeth, hair, AND skin. It's simply not fair. I'm a little nervous about what you have up your sleeve with regard to getting me back. You can't possibly post a worse picture of me than the one Ben posted after I gave birth!!

Amanda Irene said...

Looks like good times! I now know theres a lock on the nursery door! Making mental note! hah to funny!