Friday, April 10, 2009

A Great Love


"But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).
I am so thankful that God loved me so much that he gave his Son to die for me (John 3:16), to take my place and pay the price I owe for my sin. I am so thankful that he does not hold my sin against me, that I am completely forgiven!
God is doing a work in me. I became a believer when I was 14 years old, but I am still growing every day. I always have room to grow and change as the Holy Spirit leads and convicts me. What a blessing it is to serve a God who is long suffering and patient and does not give up on me. He truly is a friend that sticks closer than a brother and loves me even in spite of my faults and failures. What an amazing love he has for his children!
I serve a living God. He died on the cross but he powerfully rose from the dead three days later. I am so glad he lives and that he is in me!

2 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

AMEN Kelly!

undergroundcrowds said...

oh...I was going to say "Amen", too.
"How deep the Father's love for us.
How vast beyond all measure."