Friday, April 03, 2009

Music Lover


In recent weeks Owen has picked up a love for music. Every morning, the first thing he does after he gets out of bed is run to the CD player and ask that we put in a CD. I sing to him frequently which is why it surprises me that he loves music so much. It would surprise you too if you have ever heard me sing. There is a reason you've never seen me in a church choir.
Owen is often very independent and entertains himself. However, when he decides he wants to hear some music he follows me around everywhere asking me to sing to him. I sing at least 40 songs a day to him, but he doesn't understand that I can't sing to him while I'm eating my dinner and that it's difficult for me to belt out "The B-I-B-L-E" while I'm going to the bathroom. So needless to say, I too have become a fan of the CD player. He has picked up many of the hand motions to numerous songs and loves to use them while the music plays.
Can you tell that we don't let him watch TV? He sits in front of the CD player watching the timer while the music plays. When you're not used to quick scene changes, lots of color and noise then you become easily amused. I love it.

4 comments:

Abby said...

I love watching Eli dance when the music comes on. It's so cute to see Eli's love of music - I'm convinced it's because I played music on my belly through big headphones when I was pregnant :-)

Amanda Irene said...

gotta love it!

I must admitt I was looking for some good raffi today on amazon and I might buy the best of sesame street...for myself. :)

The Speer's said...

To cute he is growing up so fast. Enjoy your time with the family.

TraceyLD said...

I think he's taking after grandpa Glupker. He is always singing or huming.
I must say, I don't think I've ever sang the B-I-B-L-E in the bathroom.