Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pregnancy Update

Yesterday was my 20 week ultrasound, even though I am 21 weeks pregnant, or maybe 22 weeks - (see below)

So far . . .

- Our baby appears to be perfectly healthy! Praise the Lord!
- Our little one is verry active.
- The baby weighs about a pound
- I am measuring a bit bigger than what I should be. This is not a cause for concern since we aren't totally sure when my due date is. The baby is measuring at 22 weeks 2 days which gives me an August due date - which is consistent with my cycle. Since my cycle is so weird we are just saying that I'm due "the end of August, beginning of September."
- I have a total weight gain of 2 pounds, no complaints here!

4 comments:

Amanda Irene said...

You know I want to know what it is! I don't want to be forward and ask! Will you name it before it comes out?

Unknown said...

I'm wondering the gender too! Are you keeping it a secret or just deciding to be surprised?

Wow, only 2 pounds?!? Amazing!

Kara said...

I can't believe you've only gained 2 pounds. I gain 2 pounds about 10 minutes after the pregnancy test says "positive".
So when did you start having problems with your b.p. and all that last time? Are they concerned about that at all?

Kelly Glupker said...

Alicia and Amanda,
We were not planning to find out the gender. I loved not knowing the gender when I was pregnant with Owen. But right before we walked out of the ultrasound room, Ben decided he HAD to know. So we found out. It's a girl! No name yet, but we'll keep that a secret even when we do decide.

Kara,
My blood pressure went up just a week before I had to be induced with Owen, but the swelling started a good month before. Typically it is uncommon to get preclampsia twice but my doctor tells me that because my case was so severe, I have a fifty percent chance of getting it again. Please pray I don't!