Saturday, April 18, 2009

Say What?

Owen's vocabulary is constantly growing. Last time I counted he could say well over fifty words. I don't count anymore because, for the most part, he will try to repeat anything you ask him to. He's also started using short sentences. His favorite is, "Uh-oh, it fell." My favorite sentence of his, which he just said for the first time tonight (totally unprompted!) is, "I sorry." He also likes to pray which consists of him bowing his head and repeating the name of Jesus over and over again followed by a hearty "Amen!" Earlier this week I mentioned on Facebook that Owen was calling me "Mom" rather than the preferred "Mama." While I am very pleased with his verbal skills, I wasn't too excited tonight when he called me, "Kelly." We will be putting an end to that, Smarty Pants.

6 comments:

mj said...

Unfortunately he needs a little help saying Michael or MJ. We'll have to work on that in a couple weeks.

Jenny said...

Aaron used to say "Hey, Babe" which is what Michael calls me. HA!

Diana Oedy said...

Yeah they start putting 2 and 3 words together before they start actually saying sentences. Isn't it so much fun when they start talking more-I love being able to communicate more!!

Sarah Glupker said...

What is this?? Graduated to sentences already. Way to Go,
O-Boe! Better start him early on reading the classics...you know Ben's favorites works of literature from the likes of Bronte,Austen, and Dickens. You know you're anxious to get him started, Beej.....Sorry to let the cat-outta-the-bag on the blog, but I could not remain silent any longer!

SEG

Amanda Irene said...

Oh you have got to get this on tape!!! we have tape of emma saying all kinds of words when she can barely say them at 18months. My fav is spoon. seeewwwnnn. Its priceless!

Abby said...

Eli has said "Hey Baby" several times to me! It's pretty cute actually! And he will still occasionally call me Abby - he's almost broken of that one! ha!

As for the books that you commented on with my blog - Eli USUALLY just throws all his books on the floor - pulls them all off the shelf and then reads them as he sorts through them on the floor! This was a rare occasion for him to be stacking them! He hasn't done it since!