Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Klutzy Kelly


As a child I was somehow given the nickname, "Klutzy Kelly." I'm sure it wasn't an earned nickname, rather, my sister just liked to pick on me. Or maybe my Mom gave me the name. I don't remember for sure, so I'll just blame Kim. I'm afraid, however, that Sunday morning I rightfully deserved to be called, "Klutzy Kelly." I was coming down the stairs at church carrying my big belly and wearing high healed sandals. The stairs aren't carpeted and somehow my left foot slipped sideways and down I went. My right arm landed on the edge of a step. My Dad was on one side of me, Ben on the other, and both tried to grab me. And of course there were lots of other people there to witness the fall as well. But unlike other mishaps I have had over the years, nobody made fun of me - which can only mean on thing - Kim and Korey weren't there. The result? A pretty purple bruise on my arm. And yes, I know, I am totally opening myself up to ridicule by posting this!

10 comments:

chris k said...

Ouch! That defintely left a mark. Hopefully, nothing more than your arm was bruised.

Kelly Glupker said...

Just my pride, Chris. But I'll be okay! :)

TraceyLD said...

Sorry about the fall. I'm glad the baby was projected.
I too had a childhood name and it rears it ugly head sometime. "Tracey Gracie", I was always dropping somethink. I broke too many of my mothers dishes to count. She would never yell she would just grab the broom while I got the dust pan.

Kim said...

I don't think I should have to take the blame for your lack of coordination. Maybe I did tease you, a little. But that is why you are such a strong person today... so I will take the credit for that. Your welcome!

Jenny said...

SO glad you are okay!

undergroundcrowds said...

we're thinking of what's in your belly and how all balance takes a back seat..... or at least I am.

Unknown said...

Yikes girl! Regardless of your own inherent clutziness (and I have that gene too) I think you need to ditch those high-heeled sandals! Glad to hear you're ok!

Kelly Glupker said...

I too am thankful that I fell backward rather than forward. Now maybe Ben will understand why I don't prefer heels - he loves them (on me, not himself). :)

Heather said...

That bruise looks like it hurts. So glad that you are ok!

amber said...

Ouch! I tend to trip, fall, etc. more when I'm pregnant!