Monday, July 13, 2009

Pool Days in Michigan

My sister's in-laws, who I also like to claim as my own family, have turned their backyard into a mini-resort. They keep the pool water at a nice 89 degrees and have such a relaxing atmosphere in their backyard. I wish I would have taken pictures of the deck and the rest of the yard, but I didn't. The weather was unusually cool during our week long trip, which made for very little pool time. Our first Saturday there was nice and warm and so we spent that day poolside. We didn't get back to the pool until the following Friday. Friday was supposed to be a day of hanging out with the Glupker siblings since Ben's parents had a party to go to. Unfortunately, Andrew and Amanda had car trouble and didn't get to the pool until late in the day. Ben and Michael golfed that morning and then joined us shortly after lunch. Sarah had errands to run and ended up not joining us. So, needless to say we didn't really get much of a day together, but some things you just can't control. My sister and her family joined us as well as my Dad and his wife, Jean. And of course Charlie and Amber, my sister's in-laws, were there too.

Wouldn't you just love to sit out here with a good book?!? To the right of this picture is a swing set for the kids. On the left behind the arch is a sandbox. Brooklyn just turned three. She was already jumping off the diving board last summer.
It was just a little too cold for some of us!
Owen LOVED playing with his cousins. He's still talking about it.
I have a few more pictures I want to put up - like of Ben's brothers and Owen jumping off the diving board, but blogger won't let me for some reason.

0 comments: