Saturday, October 10, 2009

Halloween Party at the Zoo

Meijer sponsors a huge Halloween party at the Louisville Zoo. I'm not exaggerating when I say HUGE. The party is in the evenings throughout the month of October. We went tonight and were told that there were well over 14,000 people there partying with us. And apparently the party just gets bigger and bigger the closer you get to Halloween. Let me just say that I am so thankful we went early in the month because there is no way I want to go back when there are more people there. It was a zoo, seriously. But hey, at least we can say we did it and Owen had a good time. Thankfully the weather was just perfect.

Me and my two chickens, Aubrey 5 weeks, Owen, 2 yrs. We took a bus to the Zoo. It was Owen's first time on a bus and he loved it.

Waiting for the bus to go home Bright Eyed GirlI'm sure I'll be posting more picture with the kids in their costumes. We have several events we get to wear them to this year. I like getting my money's worth.

5 comments:

christina said...

love the costumes!

Pam said...

I love the chickens!! Those are really cute.
I think the picture of Owne waiting for the bus is so funny :) Makes me smile, I have come back to look at it a few times.

CC said...

Too cute! And how funny is this, I had the exact same costumes picked out for Broc and Asa, but I put them back because I wanted to see if I could find a good coupon before I bought them. Too funny!

Kelly Glupker said...

Courtney,
What's funny to me is that I didn't even plan on the kids having matching costumes. I bought Aubrey's last year after Halloween on clearance for a couple of bucks, before I even got pregnant. And the ONLY costume I could find in Owen's size was the chicken. Isn't that weird how it all worked out? But it's so cute to have them match - they received a lot of comments and attention at the Zoo. Be sure to post pics of your boys in their costumes!

Pam,
He just started crossing his arms. It cracks me up. Last night we were at a park that had a gigantic grassy hill. He climbed all the way to the top, stood there by himself, crossed his arms and watched the other kids play. :)

Sarah Glupker said...

Cock-a-doodle-doo!! I felt like I had to talk back at those two crazy chickens of yours.
Cutest chicks around, I daresay! I just can't seem to find a costume my size to wear with them on Halloween....perhaps I have to dig a little more in my infrequent shopping excursions...
I'll be down to hang with you two poultry persons next week!