Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Chimichanga Night

My mom was a fabulous cook! Our family loved her homemade chimichangas. Since she passed away it has become our tradition that Kim, Korey and I get together each year at Christmas time and make mom's chimis. My mom never taught us how to make this dish but we found the recipe after she was gone. Each year we get better and better, hoping to eventually make them as tasty as my mother did. This year my sister and I even made homemade tortillas and we also whipped up some homemade guacamole. Unfortunately, Korey couldn't make it home for Christmas this year so we ate extra in his honor.

This picture has absolutely nothing to do with Chimichanga night except that it was taken that same night after we ate. I don't know who took it and didn't even know it existed until I uploaded my pictures. I'd love to have some pictures of the actual dinner, but as it turns out Kim and I are typically the only people to use the camera. And, well, we were busy cooking.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds delicious! What a sweet way to remember your mom.

Amanda Irene said...

I find that I don't have many pictures of myself anyway. Your hair is really cute. I totally understand the idea/taste of eating something from your childhood. In fact its why I scrap book the recipes I make all the time. So my kids can if they want to replicate it. It took me a long time to figure out why when my grandma made toast it tasted so good. Finally I figured out the toast was hot when she spread the honey and butter on it and they mixed together! Thats it!
Keep trying!

Rachael Neal said...

i love your hair! i wish i could pull off a short cut like that. and aubrey is adorable. :)