Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Week of Milestones

It's amazing how much can change in a week. Aubrey is now sitting up on her own, holding and drinking from a sippy cup, army crawling all over the place and picking up and feeding herself cheerios one at a time. How can my baby girl already be 7 months old?!

We have already put away the bumbo, the baby swing, the bouncy seat and the play mat. It's hard to believe she's already outgrown these things.
She loves to "talk," jump, chew on straps of any kind, take off her hair bows (see picture), and play with matchbox cars. She loves taking baths and splashes like crazy. I am often drenched by the time the bath is over - and she doesn't take long baths!
She still hates baby food. She'll eat oatmeal and rice cereal but won't take fruit or vegetables yet. I'm thinking we might be going straight to table food. If that's the case, I have many jars of baby food to give away. We'll see - I'm still working on it.
Aubrey is a very happy baby. She's sleeping 12-13 hours a night and takes two naps a day. She's very content and easily entertained. But she's always on the move and can't sit still for long. I love this age!

Grandma Lange put this outfit in Aubrey's Easter basket. My friend Jennifer made the hair bow. Dressing my girl is so much fun!

4 comments:

Katie said...

She's so cute, and I so love all her girly clothes & accessories. Boys don't do accessories much. :)

I bet it's nice to put some of that bulky baby gear away. Our living room has been taken over by the saucer, swing, seat, etc. :) And, how great that she's such a good sleeper!

Shyla said...

L.O.V.E Her outfit!!

Heather said...

Emily was the same way with baby food. Went right to table food AFTER my mom purchased lots of baby food. She then found a delicious bread recipe that calls for fruit baby food as an ingredient. I was able to use a lot of it up that way. Not sure about the veggies, I never tried the bread with those. Let me know if you would like the recipe and I'll dig it out and pass it on.
Have a great day! Enjoy those warm temperatures.

Kelly Glupker said...

Heather, Yes I would love to have those recipes!