Monday, August 30, 2010

The Man in the Yellow Hat Turns 3

Owen loves Curious George so it seemed pretty obvious to choose George as our theme for his third birthday party. And so it only made sense that Owen would therefore be the man in the yellow hat. He loved dressing up and had a great time at his party.

The invitation
Owen as the man in the yellow hat
George came to the party too!
Our family - if you click on this picture it will enlarge so that you can see the adorable dress my friend, Shelby, made for Aubrey. It has little monkeys on it, made especially for this party!
The party table. Each of Owen's friends went home with a little singing monkey and a copy of the book, Curious George and the Surprise Birthday Party.
The party room! Ben, my sister-in-law, Sarah, my father-in-law and I did the decorating.
Ben's mom helped me get the food ready - it was so nice to have family here!
Playing games - the winner received a Curious George coloring book
I took a picture of Owen with each of his friends and George. Each of the kids will get a copy of their picture with their thank you card.
Opening presents
Owen and friends
Monkey cupcakes - the kids loved them!
Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear, Owen . . . Happy Birthday to you! I think Owen's favorite part of the entire night was having everyone sing to him!
Thanks, friends, for joining us at the party and making Owen's birthday so special!

9 comments:

Phil Luter said...

What a great birthday idea. I am so glad that his grandparents and aunt got to be there. Those are special family memories. Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks for Ben's ordination.

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow Kelly! Mommy & Daddy of the year award to you guys! Your party was as coordinated as my outfits. I didn't know Chic-fil-a did birthday parties.

Kelly Glupker said...

Thanks, Phil. We were glad to have them here!

Anonymous,
Who are you? I don't know if Chick-Fil-A does parties, we didn't have it there.

Gina said...

How cute! No wonder you had so much fun planning his party!

Kiert said...

Cute party, Kelly! I love planning birthday parties too :)

Unknown said...

AWESOME and unique party, Kelly! Great job on EVERYTHING -- especially those cool cupcakes and Owen's perfect outfit! What super memories you made! And glad to see I'm not the only one who loves throwing themed parties. :) I still have to blog about Chloe's party -- butterflies this year.

Anonymous said...

You are making the rest of us mothers look bad! Everything looks so cute. Great job! Looks like a lot of fun. Wish we could have been there.
Kim

The Murphy's said...

I am so sad we had to miss it!! Jack is still coughing bad..;( But the Dr. says allergies! This was such a cute idea!! Kudos to you on a great party!!! I can't believe Owen is 3..

undergroundcrowds said...

Amazing, Kelly! great job. Owen looked so cute in his little outfit.