Wednesday, April 13, 2011

New Beds!

My Grandma loves to shop at garage sales and auctions and I'm always impressed with the deals she finds. A few weeks ago I asked her to keep her eye open for a nice set of bunk beds for me. I was in no hurry to get them, but thought it would be nice to purchase a set before the baby is born. In less than a week my grandma called and asked, "Have you bought a set yet?" I replied, "I haven't even started looking!" She responded, "Well, you don't need to. I just found a nice wooden set that is being sold with two new mattresses." Tears filled my eyes when I got this news because earlier that day I had learned that we had to move our belongings out of the barn we had been storing them in for the last 4.5 years. It was a hard day for me and my grandma's call could not have come at a better time. It was as if God was reminding me, "Things might be tough, but I haven't forgotten about you. I'm still going to take care of you." So while I had no intentions of moving my 19 month old girl out of her crib right now we decided to go ahead with it once the beds were delivered this last weekend. I was a little hesitant because Owen had a difficult time transitioning from a crib to a toddler bed. He was less than 22 months when we first tried and he cried and cried for his crib every night. He got out of bed repeatedly and when he finally fell asleep he would get out of bed a few times a night and roam into our bedroom. He started waking up earlier and his naps got shorter - for a time. I hate to say this too soon, but so far, Aubrey is doing GREAT in her new bed. I could not be more pleased. For some reason after we put her to bed at night she takes her footie pajamas off and comes running out of her room giggling. Once we put her pajamas back on her she stays in bed. She sleeps all night without getting up and still sleeps in. Once she wakes up she stays in bed until I come to get her. Even nap time has been a success. She goes right down and naps for about 3 hours. I'm so thankful she has adjusted so well and so easily!

Until we get a safety railing for the bottom bunk she is using the toddler bed. Owen loves sleeping in the top bunk. He thinks it's so cool that he has to climb up a ladder to get into bed and that nobody else gets to go up there.

Sleeping Soundly

0 comments: