Monday, June 27, 2011

35 Weeks

Here we are 35 weeks pregnant with our next baby! I can't believe we are so close to the end - or really a new beginning. I feel great! The baby is head down and very low. The doctor suggested a back brace because there is a lot of strain on my back with the baby being so low. But I'm too frugal and I figure I can stick it out a few more weeks. So far I've had no swelling and my blood pressure is fine. I'm so thankful for a healthy pregnancy!
With the realization that I'm running short on time, here are a few things I still need/want to do:
- Pull out the baby clothes and get them washed and ready to go.
- Put clean sheets in the crib.
- Read (at this point, skim through) BabyWise and Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way. I have to get mentally prepared for labor!
- Figure out where the hospital is and where I'm supposed to deliver.
- Pack the hospital bag.
- Pack the kid's bags and make arrangements for them.
- Buy diapers.
- PICK OUT A NAME.
Okay, I just realized I could go on and on. I've done nothing so far to prepare! Yikes.

I have no idea why my husband chopped my head off. But again, I thought this picture was too funny not to post.

When my Mom was pregnant with my younger brother she took a picture like this of herself with my sister and I. We always thought it was a cute picture so we decided to do the same thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly you look great! Im so happy for you!! Hope to see you all soon! ~Allison

Pam said...

You look beautiful! Our insurance covered my belly band...just a thought. I would loan you mine but, well, it would be HUGE on you! HA! I got mine with 6 weeks to go and it was the best thing I did during that pregnancy. I slept, no more backaches...wonderful good.

Kelly Glupker said...

Thank you for the compliment, Pam and thank you for the insurance tip! I never even thought of that. Where do you even get a belly band? I have no idea who sells them or what they cost. But if my insurance covers it it might just be worth it!

Jenny said...

Kelly, when I was pregnant with Aaron I purchased a wide elastic band for support. It is probably close to 3 inches wide and has velcro on the ends for adjustment. It probably cost around $10-20 and it was worth every penny. Hard to believe that a little band of elastic could make such a difference but it really, really did. I think I got mine at Meijer but I'm not sure they still sell them. They were near the nursing bras as I recall. Definitely worth checking. I'd lend you mine, but it would also be too large for you. :-) Plus, I have a feeling I might need it here in the next couple of weeks!

It looks like this but narrower. http://www.amazon.com/Boppy-Maternity-Support-Band-Medium/dp/B0011E5LRG