Thursday, June 23, 2011

It's What I Asked For . . . I guess

My sister and I often joke that because we are always taking the pictures of our family we are never in them. So, I handed Ben the camera this weekend and asked him to use it for a while. It's not that I want pictures of myself for my own sake. It's because if something were to happen to me while my children are young I'd like them to have pictures to remember me by. I'd like them to know that even if they don't remember the things we did together as a family, Mommy was in fact present. Perhaps I think this way because my own mother died young. But nonetheless, it's how I think. So Ben took the camera, understanding my desire, and this is what I got.
I laughed when we got home and downloaded the pictures to the computer and found these. This is all of the pictures. This isn't exaaaactly what I had in mind; but he did take pictures of me, didn't he?

Yep, kids. Mommy was there!



The fact that I'm even posting should communicate that I don't want these pictures taken for my own sake. There is nothing flattering about them. Ha! I'm posting them because I think it's so funny and I know my sister will find the humor in it too!

0 comments: