Sunday, February 26, 2012

Jesus, Draw Me Ever Nearer

I have been burdened in recent months over the various trials and tribulations that several of my friends are dealing with. God has seen fit to allow people I love to travel on some very difficult roads. Though I myself am not in the middle of the storm, my heart aches for those who are. I awake in the night with a heaviness on my heart. I have been praying and begging God to draw my loved ones to Himself that He might be glorified and that they might find peace in the battle.

Yesterday I was listening to Kristyn Getty sing Jesus, Draw Me Ever Nearer. In tears, I sang too.
This is my prayer for those in the storm:

Jesus draw me ever nearer
As I labour through the storm.
You have called me to this passage,
and I'll follow, though I'm worn.

May this journey bring a blessing,
May I rise on wings of faith;
And at the end of my heart's testing,
With Your likeness let me wake.

Jesus guide me through the tempest;
Keep my spirit staid and sure.
When the midnight meets the morning,
Let me love You even more.

Let the treasures of the trial
Form within me as I go -
And at the end of this long passage,
Let me leave them at Your throne.

Click on this link to listen to the song and be blessed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5_HMgMwQ7Q

3 comments:

Janeen said...

Thank you Kelly~ what a beautiful reminder!!

Our Family said...

Love that song.

Unknown said...

Such a powerful song! Love the lines at the end . . . the picture of leaving our treasures from the trial at God's throne as an offering of worship is just amazing!