Sunday, July 15, 2007

Cookout at the Armstrong's

One of the bummers about having our family and friends live close to each other is that it is impossible to see them all during our short trips home. On the one hand, it's great because they are all right there. On the other hand, it's a challenge to visit everyone we want to visit in just a few days. Our friend Stephanie planned a cookout at her house while we were home. It was great! We were able to eat, play games, and chat with several people in one location!
The men playing a homemade game - we play this game a lot when we camp. I don't even know what it's called - does anybody else?
There's my man kicking Chris' butt (I'm assuming)
The kiddie table - aren't they cute? Olivia even gave me one of her toys for my baby.

To celebrate the upcoming birth of Baby Glupker, we played a baby shower game that I have never heard of - but it was great! There were nine diapers passed around the room full of smushed candy bars. The object of the game was to see who could identify which candy bar was in which diaper. It was more of a challenge than you might think. I was proud of myself for only getting two wrong.
You couldn't touch or taste the contents of the diaper, but you could smell it - as Ben so wonderfully demonstrates in this picture.
We were even showered with some great gifts!
We got a bumbo seat! Yeah!
What a cute cake!

The three of us before the party
The Delong's - one of our few friends who doesn't have a blog.
There was great food!
Phil, John, Cathy, and my father-in-law (he's going to be an awesome grandpa)
Some of the guys investigating the diapers.
Thanks Steph for hosting the party and thank the rest of you for coming! We enjoyed the visit! Thank you also for the great gifts!

5 comments:

Kara said...

I will fondly remember Abby trying out your bumbo seat. I wish I would've had one a few months earlier!

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

Thats a great pic of you and ben on the couch !

Phil Luter said...

We really enjoyed seeing you guys. We miss you (especially on Sunday afternoons). Ben you are a gifted preacher. I hope someday you can locate back close to Saginaw.

Unknown said...

That diaper smelling game looks so funny! I've heard of it but never played it. I guess I see too many of the real thing to not feel my stomach turn when I see all those brown diaper pictures . . .

Looks like it was a super fun shower!

AnneB said...

We played the diaper game at one of my showers...very fun to play with a group of baptist women...ut I am sure it is even better with a mixed group! I love my bumbo seat and am glad you received one...just don't set it on top of the dryer! (Titus took a dive...the details are on my blog under "first boo boo".) I can't wait to see pics of your new little one!