Thursday, July 19, 2007

Homemade gifts are the best!

When we were in Michigan a couple weeks ago, I was telling Cathy Luter and my mother-in-law about a couple of the homemade gifts we had received. They wanted to see them, but I didn't have them with me. So, I figured the next best thing was to put pictures on my blog. Unfortunately my mother-in-law doesn't have the internet, so these pictures are for you, Cathy!
Miriam Dilley also made us a nice blanket, but it's at our "other" apartment right now. Sorry!
I love homemade gifts because of the thoughtfulness people put into making them. They are certainly the gifts that cost the most - time and effort!
Chris Beatty gave this cute onesie to us. She is always so creative. When we moved to Kentucky she gave us a Michigan magnet for our fridge.

Diane Speer made these bibs and diaper bag. Aren't they adorable? The diaper bag even has built in pockets and compartments. My sister saw it and wanted one for herself.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Those are soooo cute! She's good! And you were right about the colors. You can use them for all your children! If Debby gets by my computer I'll give her a peek! I definetly understand why your sister would want to steal them away. (control yourself, Kim!) Thanks for posting them.

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

what great gifts ! gifts that are made by someone are so special and of course wanted by everyone :) i love the bag, she needs to do craft shows !!

Kara said...

very nice gifts! I also love Chris Beatty- she was my secret sister last year, so all year I was spoiled with fun little gifts!

Unknown said...

What unique gifts! That diaper bag is too cute. Those are the types of gifts that will bring you joy for years to come when you use them! At one of my baby showers for Chloe, the ladies decorated cloth diapers for me. It was so fun to think of them as I used the diapers in the following years.

Pam said...

That bag and bibs are so adorable! And you'll be able to use them with all your kids.

suzanne said...

I LOVE homemade gifts. Nothing says, "I truly care about you" like a gift that you know someone spent a lot of time on! That diaper bag is so cute. I love it! I feel a bit inspired, I am going to have to put that on my to do list and figure out how to make one!

Heather said...

Those gifts are so cute!! I am sure that you are getting anxious for your little one to come!

undergroundcrowds said...

those are nice. :)

AnneB said...

Love the diaper bag!

Rachael Neal said...

I too love the diaper bag. It looks a lot like a Vera Bradley bag (www.verabradley.com), but for a baby! She could have something here...