Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Trinity Baptist Baby Shower

I arrived in Michigan Saturday morning around 2:30 so that I could be at my baby shower at 10:00. This shower was hosted by Nancy Lunney and was my Trinity Baptist shower. We had a great turn out! I have not been a member of Trinity for over 4 years so I was surprised at how many people showed up. The house was pretty packed. Nancy made the shower an "open house" which everybody loved. You could come when you want, leave when you want, and NO games! She has three porches surrounding her house and it was a beautiful day to have the doors open and have people coming in and out. It was a wonderful time of visiting with people and catching up with those I haven't seen in a while. I was totally spoiled with some great gifts!

Apparently Pastor Saunders announced at church that men were welcome to come to the shower as long as they brought a gift. I was surprised when a few of them actually showed up. It was great!
Here is Mrs. Saunders with Becky and Kaci Kirkman. I had Kaci as a freshman and now she is going off to college!
Lots of stuff to open!
The Scott girls - both done with college already!

Pearl married Eric, a great guy who was a student at the school I taught at. I just love her! She asked if she could get a picture of the two of us with her touching my belly. She's so cute!
Brooklyn joined in for the fun. She loved walking around the house munching on bagels.
Just a few of the ladies that came.
My sister was a big help with writing down who gave me what. Let the "thank you's" begin!
More visiting . . .

This was my last trip back to Michigan until after the baby is born. The time is going by so fast. I am already in my 8th month!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

WOW!!! Can you believe that you are in your 8th month already?? You look so beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Thats a cute picture of you and Pearl. She's funny.